Friday, October 16, 2015

Beating The Freeze

    SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17TH.

      BEATING THE FREEZE

     The sun was shining as I hit the
road late yesterday morning. While
the temperature wasn't idea, about
56 or so, I put on the wool lined
jeans, my sweater from Scotland,
leather jacket and Dutch Fisherman's
hat and lowered the top on my Miata
as I headed out to get some video of
our famous fall foliage.
      I figured I'd use the colorful trees
at Francis Slocum State Park for my
photo essay. There's a wide variety
there including a large stand of larch
trees. Of course I wouldn't know one
kind of tree from another unless one
had lights and ornaments  hanging
from its branches. (That would be a
Christmas Tree!)
       As Murphy's Law would have it,
every time I hit the Record Button
the sun ducked away behind a growing
fleet of large dark clouds. Still there
were enough reds and yellows to make
the trip worthwhile.
       Most importantly, it stayed just
warm enough to enjoy my top down
joy ride without reaching for the
blower switch on the heater!
        Today, of course, it's a different
story. Forecasts of frost and even
flurries forced me to cover the
convertible and think about pulling
the Bomber Jacket out of the closet
for my grandson's Saturday night
Football game.
        I realize it's October. The sun
dips down early and the furnace goes
on more and more. Still, we usually
get an "Indian Summer" at this time
of year....unless they're changed it
to a "Native American" summer to
be politically correct. But,whatever
they call it, I'm hoping it shows up
and that all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment