Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Old Soft Shoe!

    MONDAY, OCTOBER 19TH.

      THE OLD SOFT SHOE!

   Most of my readers already know
I've been on the go with grandkid's
activities lately. I've come to enjoy
Soccer, Football, Volleyball, and
Cheerleading.
    Yesterday, however, my wife
and I were invited to a Dance Recital.
Dancing has never really been on my
list of favorite things to do even
though I have some history with the
art form.
    In fact I actually know one tap
dance step taught to me by a one
time Vaudeville "Hoffer." The
man who once worked the stage
curtain at the old Capitol Theater
in Hazleton had worked the
Vaudeville circuit long before I
was born. And even though he's
long gone now I still remember
that one step he took the time to
teach me.
    I will also admit that I dated
a Dance teacher at one time. It
didn't work out. I suspect she
didn't like my moves.
    In any case my 5-year-old
grand daughter has been taking
lessons at the Joan Harris Center
and, yesterday, took the stage as
part of the school's annual
Halloween Spooktacular!
     I was totally amazed at the
talent demonstrated by all of
the performers from Kindergarten
to teens! There was plenty of that
"old soft shoe." And what about
those ballet moves! I have trouble
standing on my feet let alone
trying to stand on my toes!
   Great dancing, great music, and
great kids, including a couple
young men who have apparently
learned more than just one clever
tap dancing step! Maybe I should
have spent more time with that
Vaudeville veteran when I was a
kid!
    No dancing around this issue!
I'm looking forward to their next
performance! Hope it's
soon and that all your NEWS is
good!


   
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment