Monday, October 26, 2015

By The Light Of The Silvery Moon

   TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH.

BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY
                   MOON

    I wonder how many of you stayed
up to celebrate last night. Or even
knew why you should be celebrating.
    Halloween is still a couple days
off. But last night was "Worldwide
Howl At The Moon Night!" And
they couldn't have picked a better
night! The moon over our town
was as big and bright as ever!
    The event is listed on a number
of websites. But the folks at
timeanddate.com report they were
unable to figure out what the unknown
creators of this made-up holiday aimed
to accomplish, but assumed it encourages
people to go out during the night and
howl at the moon.
     Not knowing how my neighbors
might react should I participate, I
elected to mark the occasion by
watching Steven King's movie
"Silver Bullet."
      I've been a fan of werewolf movies
since Lon Chaney Jr. played the beast
back in the 1940's. His transformation
from Larry Talbot to the Wolfman
was probably the first example to
special effects I ever saw on the big
screen. I took over the role on a
couple of Halloweens back in the
day. It was my favorite disguise.
      I will admit a few of my High
School classmates were better "wolves"
than I.....and without makeup at that!
But that's another story.
     In any case the date for Worldwide
Howl at the Moon Night is fixed. It
always falls on the 26th of October
so you might want to mark it on your
calendars for 2016 now so you don't
miss it.
     Hope you howl when ever you get
a chance and that all your NEWS is
good.



     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment