Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Birds

      FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23RD.

                THE BIRDS

       It has been 52 years since movie's
Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock,
shocked audiences with his story "The
Birds."
        The fear came back to me
yesterday as I drove along River Street
in Port Blanchard. The birds were
basically headed towards my car. They
were high enough to avoid any
collision and they were not aggressive.
There was no attack. Still, I felt the
chills go down my back!
       They were Geese. They were
flying in their familiar "V" formation.
But I was driving North and they were
heading SOUTH! And that's scary!!!!
        These fine feathered friends have
a built in instinct that sets them to
flight in the Spring and Fall. They've
also got some sort of built in GPS
system that sets them in the right
direction. I can almost picture it!
A voice speaks in the lead bird's
mind! "Turn Right and proceed
South for a thousand miles."
       The experts say their annual
Fall migration is partly triggered
by the reduced hours of sunshine.
I guess the flock I spotted is
trying to beat our return to Eastern
Standard Time on November 1st.
       I thought about sounding the
horn or getting out and waving my
arms in an attempt to change their
direction. But with my luck I just
would have sent then west and I'm
not sure  how that would affect
our weather!
       Maybe it was just a test flight!
Hope so....and that all your NEWS
is good

               

No comments:

Post a Comment