Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fading Fast!

     WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21ST.

               FADING FAST!

      Yet! Fading fast! Not me. It's
those Autumn leaves that look so
beautiful...for a few weeks.
      I've suggested spraying them
with schlack when they're at their
prime, then spraying the trees with
Super Glue to get a couple months
out of the Fall foliage. Thus far
no one seems interested in my
project.
      There are still some pockets
of color to be found. And, with a
sunny mild day on our hands, we
went looking for them. With the
top down of course.
       We found ourselves in
Gouldsboro State Park which
includes parts of Monroe and
Wayne Counties and includes
2800 acres of land and an
impressive 250 acre lake!
      I think the lake was especially
impressive to me because the last
time I visited....it wasn't there!
Back in 2005 the State Fish and
Boat Commission drained the
lake so repairs could be made to
the dam there. It was empty for
three years! It's a lot easier to
swim, boat, and fish now that
all the water is back!
     Of course we didn't do any
of those things. We just enjoyed
the sunshine and the colored
leaves that are still left.
     Too bad I didn't bring any
Super glue!
      Hope we get a few more
Indian Summer Days and that
all your NEWS is good!


  
     




No comments:

Post a Comment