Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Incredible Shrinking Man!

     FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30TH.

    The Incredible Shrinking Man!
 
     When does Science Fiction become
science fact? It's been 58 years since
I saw the movie "The Incredible
Shrinking Man."
     The story is about a businessman
who is accidently exposed to a radio-
active cloud and, coincidentally, large
amounts of common insecticide.
      A few months later the man
discovers he's getting smaller!
      Now, I've been no where near any
radiation that I'm aware of. And the
last time I used any insecticide was to
deal with some nasty wasps that found
their way onto my porch.
      But while visiting my family
doctor this week I asked the nurse to
check my height as well as my weight.
I was shocked to hear I was down
nearly an inch from my usual 5' 10
and one half inches!
      That old movie immediately
popped into my mind! Was this the
start of a steady shrinking that would
find me eventually hiding from all
cats roaming through our neighborhood?
Or fighting off spiders with needles
from my wife's sewing box? 
       I figured I'd better not take any
chances so I placed a couple of those
needles around the floor here and
there so they'll be available when I
eventually need them!
       I think there's an old GI Joe
around here someplace so clothes
should be no problem,
        And I usually drop enough
crumbs from my meals on the
floor to keep me fed for a while too!
         Wait a minute!!!!! I just found
out a need a new, larger belt! I
haven't lost that inch after all! It
just moved a bit!
          Hope I don't step on any of
those needles....and that all your
NEWS is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment