Friday, October 2, 2015

We Also Serve Who Sit And Watch!

         SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3RD.

WE ALSO SERVE WHO SIT AND WATCH!

    I've heard it said those cool, nippy, October
nights are great Football weather. I think
"great", like beauty, is in the eye of the
beholder!
   A light rain was still falling when I first
arrived in Nanticoke to watch my grandson's
football team take on the hometown squad.
The temperature hovered around 50 degrees.
The aluminum bleachers were still wet,
waiting for the assorted blankets, stadium
seats, and rear ends to soak up the moisture
from the day's drizzle.
   The light rain stopped before the kick
off although a cool, damp, wind continued
to blow throughout the game.
    Most people dressed for the weather, as
much as possible. I figured my sweatshirt
and Bomber jacket combination had me
set for 10,000 feet or 32 degrees, whichever
came first.
     But sitting still in the damp and cold
was still a challenge, especially when our
team was getting beat. In fact it was a little
like watching Custer a the Little Big Horn,
only in cool, damp weather! We lost
pretty big! But nobody gave up.....on the
field....or in the stands! We all stayed and
cheered even though it was tough to have
our hearts in those cheers!
     The only person I saw smiling was
one of our players. He had just been injured
and was being helped off the field. He
got to leave.
      Oh well, like they say...wait till next
week! I don't care how cold or rainy it
is when that whistle blows to start the
next game! I'll be at my class reunion!
      Hope we win....and that all your
NEWS is good!  





No comments:

Post a Comment