Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A DROP IN THE BUCKET (OR JAR,)!


        THURSDAY, MAY 2ND., 2019
      A DROP IN THE BUCKET (OR JAR)!        

    My old buddy Bob stopped by and took
my wife and I to dinner Wednesday evening.
Bob was on one of his typical runs from his
home in New York State to see old friends
in Pennsylvania. And he's got friends all
over. Not just in the Keystone State. I'm
lucky to be one of them!
     And Wednesday's outing turned out to
be extra lucky for me.
      First, a great Salmon dinner and time
shared reminiscing about our friendship
which dates back to grade school days.
      Then, as we were about to leave, my
wife spotted an interesting challenge.
It involved a large jar filled with water
with a shot glass placed inside.
        The challenge was to drop a quarter
into the jar and have it land inside the
shot glass.
         The quarters go to charity. Most,
of course, simply sink quickly to the
bottom of the jar.
           Mine dove straight into the shot
glass! And that dive earned me a free
stack of pancakes on my next visit!
           My friend, my wife, and I
were all amazed by this stroke of luck
but the manager explained that those
who study the jar and aim their
quarters never seem to hit the mark.
           It's the kids who simply toss
them in without planning or seriously
caring who tend to win.
            That, likely, explains my
success! I'm a kid trapped in this old
guy's body! But the "old guy" is going
to get pancakes!
              Hope there's lots of syrup
available and that all your NEWS is
good!


     
       

No comments:

Post a Comment