Monday, May 13, 2019

TELEPHONE TAG!.


  TUESDAY, MAY 14TH., 2019
         TELEPHONE TAG!

  Oh for the days when I simply picked
up my home telephone and waited for
an operator to say "Number please."
   I'd give the number I was calling and
she'd connect me in seconds.
  On Monday evening we spent several
hours trying to deal with a problem with
our current home telephone. And, yes, we
still have a "land line" in addition to our
cell phones.
   We realized that no one was able to call
into our house. The phone would ring once
but callers heard nothing else, nor did we.
    We could call out with no problem so,
naturally, we called our carrier which began
a lengthy process of trying to resolve our
prone problem, by phone! That, of course,
lead, initially, to conversations with an
automated response system with which we
lost contact several times and had to call back.
     Eventually, we found a human at the
company.
     They set out so-called "reset signals,"
I was told to unplug my modem then
plug it back, and then sent to my computer
to log onto the system and try to resolve
things from there. My wife had initiated
the call for help but quickly turned the
process over to me when the technician
used the words "modem" and "computer."
      In any case nothing worked.
      The plan now is to send a field
technician to the house to look for the
gremlin!
       Although the appointment has been
set it's occurring to us that this "problem"
could be a blessing in disguise as nobody
can bother us with anything more than one
ring and that includes telemarketers!
        Hope Publisher's Clearing House
doesn't call and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment