Tuesday, May 7, 2019

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE!


  WEDNESDAY, MAY 8TH., 2019
     FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE!

   My wife, daughter-in-law, grandson and
I spent part of our Saturday at the Rock and
Gem Show at the Oblates of Saint Joseph in
Laflin.
    On Tuesday my wife got a call to let her
know her ticket was one of those picked as
a winner in a raffle held at the show!
     Her prize was out of this world. Literally!
She received a box of meteorite samples
including a rare Iron Nickel fragment found in
Siberia, Russia!
      Another sample comes from Argentina
while a third was found in the Sahara Desert in
Morocco!
       The show was impressive but a bit scary
to me. Seeing all the shiny variety of valuable
rocks on display there I had second thoughts
about teaching my little grandson to have fun
tossing rocks into ponds, streams, and lakes.
        I may have to start examining each
stone before he lets it fly!
        Hope we haven't tossed any gold or
such and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment