Friday, May 24, 2019

RAKING IT IN!


   SATURDAY, MAY 25TH., 2019
             RAKING IT IN!

   My wife's Birthday was a resounding
success thanks, in part, to all of you who
sent along your well wishes.
    After reading those greetings I took
her to a local buffet where Birthday
girls and boys get a free meal. I always
have been a big spender!
     Back at home there were phone
calls from family and a surprise visit
from our 21-year-old grandson who
always seems to find time to see
Grannie and Grandpa when he can.
      As he left we remembered that our
favorite auction house was having
a special Friday afternoon auction.
We decided to make the trip and see
what was available.
      Between the heavy holiday
traffic and one of those insane
"Boot drops" in the middle of the
highway we just made it on time.
       By the time I got settled I
found my wife in the middle of
bidding. That didn't surprise me.
But the object being auctioned did!
        It was a huge wooden rake
the likes of which you'd expect to
see a farmer gathering his hay....in
1796!
        My wife has a beautiful
flower garden but it's in the front
and back yards, not on a 20 acre
ranch!
         She won the bid and followed
that success with the winning bid on
a wooden saw which, again, seemed
to date back to a century before the
advent of electricity!
         Interesting Birthday presents!
         As I carried them out to
the car I told a gentleman I passed
I hoped my wife knew how the
implements worked since I had no
intention of using them myself!
         Fortunately I learned she
intends to use them as decorations
rather than tools! I'm feeling much
better now!
          Hope they look good nailed
to the wall, stay there, and that all
your NEWS is good!
       
           

No comments:

Post a Comment