Thursday, May 2, 2019

I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!


  FRIDAY, MAY 3RD., 2019
 I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

  Maybe it's a "man thing" or maybe
it's just me.
   I stayed up till early morning
Wednesday on doctor's orders. Well
sort of.
    I had forgotten to take one of my
daily medicines at dinner time and
figured I'd get it in before I dozed
off. That's when I saw the warning
on the bottle! :Do not lay down for
at least 30 minutes after taking this
medication."
     I'm sure I had taken it a couple
other times before retiring so I
suppose I'm lucky to be alive!
     I'm guessing the extensive
paper work that came with this
medicine mentioned this caution.
I'll admit I never read it.
     My wife handles the medicinal
reading in our house.
     If I read that a medicine could
cause hair loss my hair would start
coming out simply because I read
the caution.
     It's like those ads on TV where
the folks selling medicine take 45
seconds of their 60 second commercial
warning about potentially dangerous
side effects of the product they're
trying to get you to buy!
      I take the medicines the doctors
tell me to take but if I read about the
possible side effects I probably
wouldn't touch them!
      I don't want to know what could
happen. If I came down with strange
symptoms after taking something my
wife would likely know the cause and
would take me to get more medicine
with three pages of warnings about
other things that could happen with
that next batch of prescriptions.
       I took that other stuff with dinner
tonight so I hope I'll be just fine and
that all your NEWS is good.                                

No comments:

Post a Comment