Wednesday, May 15, 2019

TIP TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS!


     THURSDAY, MAY 16TH., 2019
   TIP TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS!

   My wife and I returned to our favorite auction
house Wednesday to pick up some merchandise
on which I had left a bid Tuesday. Our bid won.
    I took "the long way" home which brought
me into the community of Newfoundland.
    Last year we discovered a Garden Shop there
where the owner and her husband really know
their plants. My wife was interested in getting
a better color blend to the flowers in our yard
so she wanted to see what's available.
     The owners greeted us then listened as
my wife expressed her ideas for the yard.
That initiated a conversation I thought might
have involved two nuclear scientists discussing
the specifics of nuclear fission!  
      I can't repeat the variety of flowered plants
that were discussed. First I can't remember all
those scientific names and I couldn't spell them
even if I did remember.
      I identify flowers by colors. There are red
ones, blue ones, etc, etc.
      They discussed annuals and perennials
then specifically considered choices such as
Echinacea and Hydrangea and others I can't
even pronounce!
       In the end, at least for this stop, my wife
followed my advice and bought "those purple
ones."
       Hope they grow, whatever their name, and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment