Thursday, September 3, 2020

A PEAR OF NEW NEIGHBORS!

   FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH, 2020

     A PEAR OF NEW NEIGHBORS!

    We had a new couple move into the

neighborhood recently. It's always good

to see new neighbors. But the timing of their

arrival has me in a sort of quandary. You

see the man who originally lived across the

street planted a tree years ago. He had no 

idea it was a pear tree. He disliked pears. I

loved them. So, for many years, my wife and

I handled the harvest. After he moved, as luck

would have it, trthe property was generally

vacant during pear season. So we coutinued

to collect pears from the tree. Now that someone

is living there is just isn't the same. Thay have

pruned the tree but from the bottom rather than

the top. The large pears will be growing from

the top of the tree. Now I'm worried they may

fall and hit someone on the head. I'm thinking

of heading over, probably at night, to remove as

much of the threat as possible. Isn't that what

good neighbors are for!

    Hope you're enjoying some fresh fruit and

that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment