Sunday, September 20, 2020

WHERE'S WALDO, I MEAN DAVID?

     MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21st, 2020
      WHERE'S WALDO I MEAN DAVID?

   We drove into Maine Sunday crossing through
Vermont and New Hampshire. There were hundreds
of sights I would have loved to have photographed.
But each time we saw something there was no pullover
space and always a car right behind! The one photo we
really mised was the huge Moose that alked across the
highway 50 or so yards in front of our car. I was
driving and there was no way my wife could have set
up her camera that quickly. There were plenty of
signs warning of Moose Crossings but this guy
choose his own route! For a time I thought I had made
a costly wrong turn. It happened when I pulled into
the city of Paris! Guess there's two! Then for a moment,
I suspected I had turned around, really far, when I saw
a number of Amish horse drawn buggies on the road.
Was I back in Lancaster? Nope! Turns out they've got
them here in Maine too. The neatest thing was the
Maine pickup truck driver who, it seems dosen't
know his geography. He suggested I shouldn't have
the top down in my Miata till I got back to Pennsylvania.
I reminded him that Pennsylvania is nowhere near Florida
and that we get cold nights there too. But, the days have
been beautiful. Sunny and clear. Turn on the heater, wear
a warm jacket, and the top down ride feels just fine
thank you! Now, to prepare for the next part of our
adventure. Watch for my FB photos and comments
and, of course, stay tuned to the BLOG! Hope you're
well and that ll your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment