Saturday, September 26, 2020

WE'RE HERE! (WHERE EVER THAT IS!)

      SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th, 2020
WE'RE HERE! (WHERE EVER THAT IS!)

  I'm writing today's blog from a town in
New Hampshire just across the border, I
mean a couple blocks from Vermont. We
started in Maine today (or was in Massachusetts)
to begin working our way home from our
vacation on Vinalhaven Island. Unlike our
trip there, however, we didn't have specific
return plans except to enjoy the fall leaves.
WSe have a GPS. But it helps to know where
you're going if you want to program the
thing. On this day, that GPS took us on and
off the same Interstate 3 times! Each time directing
us to the same entrance and exit ramps. It was
like a pretzel! Add to that the fact we got on a
right hand lane and had to exit a left one across
4 lanes of 70 mph traffic on a sunny Saturday
in Autumn! Mike Cefalo would have been
proud of me (he races Miatas!)
    Then there were the round abouts! I dislike
them in Pennsylvania where I know how they
work. It was murder here.
     So, exhausted from a day of technicolor
leaves and race like traffic on the Interstate
we finally found a motel for the night. The
first one we checked was already full.
     I kind of know where we are (sort of)
and expect to be home tomorrow. Hope
I'm right and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment