Sunday, September 13, 2020

SEW WHAT?

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th, 2020
               SEW WHAT?
   September is National Sew At Home
Month! It's official! It was proclaimed by
President Ronald Reagan in 1982. The month
is designed to honor those who retain the craft
of sewing which has been so important in our
country's history.
    My wife is quite a hand with her sewing
machine. She made her own wedding dress
for our marriage and she still gets requests to
mend or repair things that need to be sewn.
     I have, on occasion, attempted to repair
the holes I'm prone to creating in my socks.
Of course I'm not allowed anywhere near the
sewing machine so I usually, unannounced,
sneak into the sewing room and grab a needle
and thread. If I'm lucky I can find a color thread
that actually matches the socks. Then comes the
hard part, threading the needle! It takes a number
of attempts and can sometimes resould in a few
minor wounds.  But, usually, in the end, I mend
the hole with just a few feet of thread.
      It's my way of celebrating the month! Hope
you're celebrating too and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment