Friday, April 23, 2021

AN ITALIAN RECIPE!

   SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 2021

       AN ITALIAN RECIPE!

   I was all set to celebrate the day. I

pulled a box of Macaroni and Cheese

from the cupboard. Then I realized I

read it wrong! It isn't Macaroni Day!

It's Marconi Day!!!Guglielmo Marconi.

An Italian gentleman born in 1874. He

traveled a lot with his Mom and brother

during his early years, the he set his sights

on the Naval Academy. But he failed the

 test and didn't make it. So he turned his

attention to science which turned out to be

a pretty good thing because he invented

the wireless radio that sent messages across

the ocean! His device ended up saving a lot

of ships at sea! It was Marconi Operators

who sent the distress call from the doomed

Titanic. Perhaps I'll have spaghetti to celebrate

his day. Unfortunately I don't know how to

ask for spaghetti using Morse Code. Maybe

a distress call to my wife will work? I'll try

that! Hope you're well and that all your NEWS

is good!   

No comments:

Post a Comment