Tuesday, April 27, 2021

TIME FOR A RHYME!

  WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28, 2021

        TIME FOR A RHYME!

  April 28th is "National Poetry Reading

Day!" I think a little poetry is good for us!

My Mother was a very good poetry writer.

I can a collection of her poems in a drawer

here at home that would make up a good book.

And I've dabbled into poetry myself a bit. I

was even Poetry Editor for one of my school

newspapers. I won an award for one of my

poems written in just a few minutes aboard a

rain traveling through the Canadian Rockies.

We had just crossed a river known for its

Salmon run and we were challenged to write

a poem about it. With your indulgence I'll

share it with you here.

The Beauty of the river hides a story just

below, of the mighty Northern Salmon and

the places she must go. Her journey takes

her westward, to the ocean depths she'll roam.

But after just a few short years, Mother Nature

calls her home. She'll battle raging rivers and

the barriers made by man, to reach her

destination, the place her life began. There

she'll complete life's journey in the waters

neath the sun, while the Great Creator watches,

smiles, and says "Well done."

I won the contest and was awarded "The Order

Of the Salmon." which made me rather proud!

I've written some silly poems too. Here;s one.

Little Birdy in the cage, How I wonder what

your age....is." I call that blank verse!

Hope you'll enjoy some poetry, I really think

your should! And until we meet tomorrow,  I

home all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment