Thursday, April 22, 2021

GOING TO THE MOVIES!

    FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2021

   GOING TO THE MOVIES!


April 23rd is "Movie Theater Day!" I

always loved the movies. I was even in one.

Truth be told I pretty much grew up in movie

theaters. My Dad was a projectionist at the old

Capitol Theater in Hazleton. I got in there for

free. But when I wasn't going to the Capitol I

could often be found at one of the many

neighborhood theaters we had in my home

town. There were two within 5 block of my

house! On weekends you could go to either

for anywhere between 13 cents and a quarter

and see a double feature, a short subject, cartoons,

and a weekly chapter with superheros like

Superman or Batman! These days a lot of

folks have those big screen TVs in their home.

But as big as they may be they're  nowhere 

near the size of the giant indoor movie theater

screens or the Drive Ins for that matter. Theaters

have been hurt a lot by the virus this past year.

Many close, some for good, and others have to

limit the size of their audience for safety sake.

I hope they'll make a comeback! There's nothing 

like a night out at the movies, or an afternoon for

that matter. And it's too soon to say "That's All

Folks!" Hope you're well and that all your NEWS

is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment