Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cut!

  
               Cut!
 That's the order to stop rolling
your film or video tape in most
every studio. Directors usually
give the order.  But, in my case,
my wife was making a suggestion.
 You see my hair was starting
to look a bit too long.
 Well maybe 'long' is the wrong
adjective. I've still got plenty
of hair (lucky for that anyway).
 But now it just gets unruly after
a couple of weeks. And I must be
getting way too much sun because
it's starting to get very light!
 I look at it as kind of a
very light blond.' OK! Very very
light. Silver? Yea I guess.
 Anyhow my wife is pretty good
at styling my hair. But since
she's off her feet for awhile
I found myself looking for a
Barber.
 It's actually been many years
since I had to use one.
 I use to go to a really good
Italian guy who did the whole
'Barber bit.' You know, razor
cut, vibrator on my shoulders,
even a hot towel over my face.
 That part always bothered me
just a little bit. I kept
thinking about the old movies
where the guy with the towel
over his face always got mowed
down by machine gun fire from
some mobster.
 There was even an older
gentleman who offered to shine
your shoes while you got your
haircut. I don't think he liked
me because I usually came in wearing
sneakers,
 That barber, Frank was his name,
was top notch! I spent the last
few hours before my wedding in
his chair. I remember he kept
asking if I really wanted to go
through with it or might consider
just getting out of town.
 Little did he know that, in the
long run, my bride would be his
replacement!
 As far as I know Frank retired
a few years back.
 Anyway I found a nice man whose
shop I often passed during one of
my morning walks and, as it
happens, he had an open chair.  
 In fact it was his only chair.
 Frank's shop use to have three!
 The new guy did a good job.
 Of course he'll have to
understand that he's just filling
in.
 Once my wife is up to snuff I'll
sit back on a kitchen chair and
let her do the styling.
 Maybe I can even talk her into
a hot towel if I'm really good!
 Hope all your NEWS is good!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya Dave. My wife has cut my hair for the last umpteen years. Can't remember the last time I sat in a barber/stylist's chair. Now she is down with pneumonia and I'm getting shaggy, but it will keep. ;-) for a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete