Thursday, May 5, 2011

Disclaimer! .

  I'm  labeling today's Blog  'Disclaimer' because I can't, and won't, claim credit for
this astonishing bit of historical information.
 I'm off for another hospital visit this morning. But my sister-in-law, knowing
of my fascination about the Titanic, passed along an email I thought I'd share
with you while I rush off. It's always nice to learn something new!
  Here it is...........

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England . In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico , which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York .
 
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico , who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as - Sinko De Mayo!
 Have a great day and, as always, may all of your NEWS be good!

4 comments:

  1. That was a Stinko de Mayo for May 5

    Rich Mates

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a Stinko de Mayo for May 5

    Rich Mates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you see why I called it..."Disclaimer!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let Uncle Mike fill in for you on days like these. . . it's just not pretty :(

    ReplyDelete