Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quiet On The Set!

  I'm waiting to see if my
short-lived movie career is
getting back on track!
 For those of you who don't
remember (or never knew) I
did a part in a made for
Internet motion picture
called 'Hillers.'
 I shot one scene with
just a few lines as a
'shrink' telling the male
lead that his problem was
the fact he couldn't
accept the fact he was
normal like everbody else.
 My dialog and two closeups
made it to the initial
preview. But I eventually
lost the part to another
guy who expressed interest in
the script.
 His name is Henry Winkler.
 Yep! I lost my role to
"The Fonz!"
 There was talk of additional
shooting in the area and the
writer promised he'd find
another spot for me.
 But I'm still waiting to hear
about production or the fate of
the movie itself.
 Meanwhile I auditioned
(that means 'showed up') for
work as an 'extra' in a new
movie about the Recording
Industry.
 In this case the extras don't
get paid so it's a lot like
the TV business.
 "Trust Me" expects to be filming
in the Scranton, Wilkes-Barre,
Hazleton area this June.
  Reporters have to be good at
'acting.' You know. Like trying
to look cool and relaxed when
the Fire Police tell you you're
not allowed down the public
road to get to the blaze that's
still a mile and a half ahead.
 Or maintaining a serious
expression when the guy who
just crashed his car into a house,
after leaving a bar, tries to
explain that he swerved to avoid
running over 'Big Foot.'
 Heck I've seen enough politicians
over the past 50 some years to
know what acting is all about.
  Of course in "Trust Me' we
extras' already know we
might end up walking in the
background of a scene or, perhaps,
not even being seen at all.
  I also have a conflict with
three of their shooting dates so
that could rule me out.
  But, Since Winkler ended up
taking my last role, maybe the
producers of 'Trust Me' will want
to give me something
important just on the off chance
some other big star will suddenly
show up to takeover.  
 I can see it now.
 I get three line in the movie
and De Niro ends up with the part!
 Well,that's 'Show Biz!'
 Lights...camera....and hope all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment