Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sticker Shock!

 I seem to be suffering from
Sticker Shock' this week!
 No. I'm not looking at buying
a new car. I've got four old
ones I'm trying to keep on the
road.
 My 'Sticker Shock' comes in
several forms.
 First, there's the morning
paper.
 One of the newest trends in
advertising appears to be the
placement of a message
bearing sticker ( a little
less than 3 by 3 inches)
directly over part of the
front page headline or
photo.
 In most cases they're used
to endorse a product or a
political candidate.
 This week though we
received one opposing an
area candidate for City
Council. Ironically we can't
vote for or against the guy
because we don't live in his
city. (Maybe we can do a
sticker campaign for him in
our Township?)
 Next, while getting one of
my cars inspected, I found that
I had misplaced the sticker that
goes on my license plate! My
mechanic says it's not too big a
deal as long as I have my valid
registration card in hand.
 I'll probably spend the rest
of the week searching for a
little colored sticker bearing
the numbers 4/12. It's got to be
around here someplace.
 But even if it takes a year to
find it the odds are it will be
in better shape than the
'Official Inspection Stickers'
placed on my car windshield!
 There are two stickers in
each car. One for the safety
inspection. One for the
emissions check.
 All eight of those stickers
in my vehicles began pealing
from the right side within a
week of their application.
 Maybe the council candidate
could run for state office on
a platform calling for
stronger glue!
 Meanwhile I'll just stick with
my usual sign off and hope that
all your NEWS is good!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the State inspection stickers. They sure do not make them like the used to. But then is anything made to pass the test of time? It seems that most things today are made to throw away after a year or two.

    ReplyDelete