Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ghosts on the screen!

  Back in the day seeing 'Ghosts' on
your TV screen had nothing to do with
the supernatural. It simply meant you
had terrible reception! It meant your
signal was so bad it made one
image look like two or more.
 I remember being stranded overnight
on Interstate 81 with my cameraman,
the late Bob Dennis, during a really
bad March snowstorm!
 We had a portable TV set along which
was usually used as a monitor during
our live reports.
 While we sat we watched one of those
'March Madness' playoff games.
 We had plenty of ghosts that night.
 Ten players were on the court.
 It looked more like 20 on our
screen!
 These days there's a growing number
of groups looking for real ghosts
on TV!
 Judge Tom Munley and I interviewed
two members of a group called
'NEPA Paranormal' on our weekly
'ECTV Live' program on Comcast Channel
19.
 They actually go into people's
homes or other buildings to
investigate instances of strange or
'paranormal activity.'
 They use cameras with 'night vision'
to try to capture unusual images.
 They have sound recorders which,
they say, have picked up voices from people
who weren't in the room when the
recordings were made. (Actually, I hear
a lot of those things all the time
without benefit of any special
equipment!)
  Heck they've got more, and in some
cases better, equipment then Bob and I
had when we were out looking for live
people!
  These 'Ghost Hunters' claim to have
had several successes during their
investigations. In layman's terms I
suppose that means they've found what
they consider to be solid evidence of
paranormal activity....or....ghosts!
 They'll be showing some of their results
on a program that will run both on ECTV
and on Fox locally.
 I don't profess to know if their ghosts
are as real as the double images Bob
and I saw on that black and white 5 inch
screen so many years ago. So I won't try
to judge their so-called "success stories."
 I'd just like to hope I can avoid
becoming a 'Paranormal Guest' on their
program for as long as possible!
 Hope all your NEWS is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment