Thursday, May 19, 2011

Missing My Deadline!

 Broadcasters hate to miss deadlines!
 But sometimes it just happens.
 Yesterday turned out to be very busy!
 Those who have been following this
blog may remember that I somehow
misplaced the registration sticker
that was suppose to go on the license
plate of my Miata.
 I had to go to one of those 'Tag Service
places' to get a replacement.
 The tag turned out to be
free. The service turned out o be $15.
 Not bad though to make sure I'm
legal.
 I had to get gas for the car. Then
there was some shopping to be done.
 Garbage had to be gathered at the
house and put out for collection.
 But with all these chores to do
I simply failed to notice the
important observations that had
been scheduled for May 18th.
 As most of you probably knew the
18th is, among other things,
'International Museum Day.' It's
a day set aside to encourage people
to visit or volunteer at museums
everywhere.
 Since time constraints made that
impossible I opened one of my
dresser drawers that hadn't been
checked in a while and looked over
some of the 'treasures' inside.
 That's kind of like a museum.
 Right?
 The highlight, if I had to pick
one, is an autographed baseball!
 If the green ink used to sign it
hadn't faded so much I could
probably tell you the name of the
player who signed it some 30 or more
years ago.
 Since the 18th was also "Visit Your
Relatives Day" I made it a point to
go back to the bedroom where my wife
is recuperating to pay my regards.
 Those efforts, I think, represented
my sincerity in observing such
important events.
 Alas, however, I really missed the
'big one!'
 I'm sure that all of you observed
"No Dirty Dishes Day!'
 I was suppose to use disposable
plates, cups, and silverware (I
guess that's plastic ware) to avoid
the daily sink full of dirty
dishes! That's the one I hate missing
most of all!
 How come none of you guys called me!
 Now here I am, a day late and a dollar
short, standing over the kitchen
sink with only drops of Palmolive
left in the container.
 I would use the dish washer but
somewhere, sometime ago, it became
our 'museum' for seldom used pots
and pans! I wonder if that  counts?
 I trust you're all set for 'Boy's Club
Day!' That's today!
 Hope all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment