Saturday, June 11, 2011

Extreme Chef Meets Top Gear!

   Back in May I was told  my
 Miata was in need of one new tire.
  I guess I put too much stuff in
 the left side of that tiny trunk
 cause it's the tire underneath
 that needed to be replaced.
  I called my favorite garage
 and learned the crew there
 could take care of me about
 11am.
  You're probably not real
 impressed with those few details.
  But you would be if you used the
 garage I use!
  An appointment anytime between
 11am and 1pm means you'll be there
 for lunch!
  If these guys ever decided
 to hang up their wrenches they
 could make a fortune by selling
 the food prepared by their wives!
  Everyday it seems there's a new
 batch of home made food delivered in
 time for lunch. And like the loaves and fish
 there's always enough to feed everybody
 who happens to be around!
  It's a family repair shop where
 customers are made to feel right
 at home and barbershop-like
 conversation is as important as
 aligning wheels or checking your
 windshield wipers.
  While one car was having it's oil
 changed those of us in the shop
 where selecting the oil dressing for
 a salad filled with greens, raisins,
 tomatoes, cheese, and olives.
  And while one of the family
 mechanics was mounting my new
 'Powermax' tire we were sampling
 two kinds of white pizza. One
 filled with cheese and ham and
 another with cheese and salami!
  A third tray was scheduled to
 arrive but, unfortunately, my car
 was finished and ready to roll!
  These same guys always set out a
 table of goodies around Christmas
 week for anyone who happens to stop
 by for repairs, or just to say
 hello!
  There was a time when businesses
 thrived on good relationships,service,
 and customer satisfaction.
  It's still alive and well at this
 small auto shop and it sure seems to
 work well for the guys here!
  In fact I'm wondering if there's
 anything else I can have done so I
 can make it back in time for desert!
  Hope your car is running smoothly
 and that all your NEWS is good!      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment