Monday, June 13, 2011

Time Travel!

 That WDAU/WYOU Reunion
Saturday night brought a lot of
old friends together for the first
time in many years. 
 And wow! How time flies!
 But time, like a lot of other things,
is relative!
 That's why I had mixed reactions
when I heard about some area High
School students that were digging
up a time capsule.
  I thought, perhaps, there might
be items from the Civil War or
photos of their community when
trolley tracks lined the streets.
  But it was not to be!
  This time capsule was all of
eight years old!
  I don't even think it had time
to rust!
  To be absolutely fair it was
kind of a neat experiment. These
same students, along with a few
who have since moved, buried the
capsule and its treasures when
they were in 4th grade.
    They had some photos and letters
about themselves written in their
grade school class.
  I still think I, and they, would
have been a lot more impressed
if they had waited 20 or 25
years to look into their past.
   On the other hand they've
probably learned a few things.
  Hopefully one of them will be
to put a water proof seal on
any future time capsules they
bury.
 Those notes looked a bit
soggy!
 I'd probably like seeing some
notes and photos from when I
was in the 4th grade.
 But they would probably have
decomposed by now.
 The school is still there. But it
has long since been converted
to an apartment complex which
is the only thing that saved it
from decomposing!
 There's one other consideration
that tends to support the
student's decision to open the
capsule now.
  I buried a few small coins one
time to have some fun later
digging them up with my kids.
  Now I've got grand kids and
could have fun digging up the
coins with them....IF I could
only remember just where I buried
them!
  Guess we'll have to take some
time to look around!
 Hope all you NEWS, past,present
and future, is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment