Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We pause for Station Identification

  You can imagine my surprise when I
received an email Monday containing
the label "22 News" in the subject
line!
 Had my old station been
resurrected? And, if so,might I find
myself back on the road seeking
people who...."Never knew anything
like that could happen around here."
 Perish the thought!
 I opened the message and found
news items about the Commonwealth
Medical College and the expected
impact of budget cuts.
 It included color photos related
to the news items.
 Wow. This looked like real items
from "22 News!"
 Then I looked a little closer.
 It was actually an email
newsletter sent on behalf of
Pennsylvania Senator John Blake.
 For those who might not know
Mr. Blake is the Senator from
Pennsylvania's 22nd Senatorial
District. Hence..."22" and
"News"...from the Senator.
 It's good to know what station
you're watching, or listening
to, or reading about.
 Of course you can't always depend
on what you hear!
 Our NBC affiliate also does
news for the local Fox outlet.
 One young new weather caster got
the two mixed up the other night.
 And a popular regional 'talk
show' host just caught herself in
time as she started to give the
call letters for a local college
radio station where she lends a
hand!
 I can't laugh too loud.
 I remember entertaining a
visitor at a radio station where
I once worked.
 He asked if I had ever mistakenly
given the call letters of the
station where I started my career.
 I told him "No" then promptly
opened the microphone and gave
the wrong station identification!
 And I can remember having to
think twice many times in
the weeks right after WDAU
changed it's name to WYOU!
 Maybe the Senator can get some
time there to deliver his
"22 News" report. It only
seems fitting.
 Wherever you get your NEWS
I hope it's all good!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment