Friday, June 3, 2011

Star Search

  Well the audition is over. Now I, and
several others, await word from the
Director and Casting Department to see
if we'll get the parts we tried out for
in the movie "Trust Me."
  I had to act like a father.
  Heck, I've been rehearsing that role
for 40 years!
  If everything goes according to plan
shooting will begin next week at spots
in Luzerne County.
  The audition, actually a 'reading, was
fun!
  Director Chris Fetchko, who essentially
lived the story that's being told,
gathered five of us round a table and
had us read our lines from his script.
  That might have been enough for some
folks. But not for Chris.
  While sticking with the theme of his
script he rolled video while we were
encouraged to ad lib the whole scene!
  I learned to ad lib way back in my
radio days when you had to say
something, ready or not, to make sure
you didn't end up with what we use to
call 'dead air.'
   When you do it a lot you'd be
surprised what you can come up with.
   I remember reading a score that
came through on a long list provided
by the Associated Press one time.
   You go though them so quickly you
hardly realize what you're reading.
   One score read like this.......
   (School A  135
   (PA. School for the Dead  125)
   I read the score the way it was
written then said....."Gee, I'm
surprised they scored at all."
  Somebody at AP had misspelled
PA School for the Deaf!
   I also remember a story during my
DJ days in which some African leader
boasted of having come up with what he
called 'The ultimate Weapon.'
   My ab lib suggested that it was
an ICBM, or Intercontinental
Ballistic Spear!"
   You could do that as a DJ but not
as a newscaster.
   Guess that's why I'm enjoying this
blog so much and appreciated the
chance to 'create my own character'
with some of those movie lines.
   I'll let you know if it works
out or if my interpretation ends
up with..."The..Thee,The.. thee, That's
All Folks!"
   Hope all you NEWS is good!
         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment