Thursday, June 30, 2011

But Wait....There's More!

  Several things have changed since my
wife had her foot operation three months
ago.
 First, her foot is beginning to look
like a normal foot, with all of her
toes facing in the right direction
and no large bunion protruding from
one side to cause pain and foil her
attempts to buy shoes.
 But most of the changes involve me.
 As regular readers know I've
learned to cook a bit.
 But wait...there's more!
 I've used a few tools too. Just
yesterday I fixed a broken screen on
our porch. At first the staple gun
didn't work. But my wife pointed
out it was empty. After she
reloaded it I had no trouble
getting the screen back in place.
 Well, pretty close anyway.
 But this 'fix it' success has me
asking some questions of myself.
 Why am I so pleased to see the
Harbor Freight flyer come in the
mail? And why must I look at every
page?
  Why do I suddenly wonder if I
might want to pick up one of those
Oscillating Variable Speed Pro
Multifunction Power Tools?
  I'm not even sure what you use
the thing for. But it looks kind
of neat and it's on sale for $20
under the usual price!
  There's a Non-Contact Infrared
Thermometer with Laser for $29.99.
  I'm just not sure how you'd
get it under your tongue.
  I spotted a neat Steam Cleaner
too. But I don't think I have any
dirty steam around the house
just now.
  I guess the point is I love to
see the sales flyer.
  It probably dates back to the
days when one of the year's
highlights was the arrival of
the Lionel  catalog!
  Of course I knew what to do
with the engines and tracks!
  When it comes to tools and me
it's still pretty much of a train
wreck!
  Hope you're getting all the
flyers and that all your NEWS
is good. 
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment