Saturday, June 4, 2011

Opportunities!

   Friday turned into a really great day
for me.
  I didn't really know it was Friday.
  'Retirement' should come with a
warning label! You can suddenly find
yourself busier than ever and days
begin to run together.
  If you have been following this
blog you know that I auditioned for
a small part in a new movie that's
to be filmed right here in
northeastern Pennsylvania!
  After a morning phone call I can
now thank the producers of
"Trust Me" for trusting me with that
part.
  I'll have much more on that as
things develop.
  It's a great opportunity. 
  But wait...there's more!
  I've been scanning my emails much
too quickly lately deleting anything
that didn't look like a legitimate
message from a friend.
  But a slower, closer look has
reveled many many more opportunities
that I've been ignoring out of my
haste to clear my 'Inbox.'
  Did you know, for instance, that
I have been selected to be a
"Secret Shopper?"  A whole new career
awaits me right in my own home area
if I only follow through on that
contact.
  Apparently I've missed out on
a dozen or more laptops that could
have been sent out to me had I
responded to those emails.
  There's another that tells me I
may be eligible for a grant to go
back to school and one more that
encourages me to check my free,three
Credit Scores!
 This morning Walmart was trying to
give me a 'free' gift card.
And there was word from "Secure
Ap" that my $1,000 may have
arrived. I was just out on the front
porch but I don't see it there!
 What's with all this good news?
  Most of these have all show up in
a category which Yahoo and Hotmail
label as "SPAM."
  That should have been a clue to
me right off the bat! I always
liked 'Spam." Especially fried with
a little mustard.
  According to an old Freddie Cannon
song.."Opportunity, knocks just once."
  Freddie should have had SPAM!
  Hope you do and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment