Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This Old House!

    She never said it out loud. But
just about the time they were
sedating my wife for her foot
surgery in April I'd be willing
to bet she pulled an Arnold
Schwarzenegger and vowed....
"I'll be back!"
 I know that because she is
just about her old self even
though full recovery is still
weeks if not months ahead.
 One day before the stitches
from her second operation were
to be removed she decided we
must have a small section of
fence to plug some of the
space between our two backyard
sheds left vacant when some of
our evergreens were cut down
last week.
 The worker at Home Depot who
loaded the 6 by 4 foot fence
into my aging Suburban must
have had some pain of his
own. I'd describe his
personality more specifically
but I'm not sure he had one.
 I suggested we call a friend
to see if he might be available
to put the fence in place but
my wife insisted she could handle
one end if I walked slow enough
so she could keep up on her
crutch.
 I violated the rules and picked
it up myself to put in place.
 My wife rattled off the location
of the hammer and nails then stood
back to make sure I had it level
before I anchored it in place.
 All done right? No way!
 Since the Suburban was still
parked in front she suggested it
would be a good time to do some
Duct tape repairs to its rusting
bumper.
 We actually tried our can of that
new Duct tape spray. It must be
an excellent sealer because it sealed
itself inside its ten dollar can!
 It's now in a larger can where we
put the weekly trash.
 I switched to the regular Duct tape
to do the job after my wife old me
where I could find it.
 Now she's talking about some new
plants here and there and, perhaps,
paining that new section of fence.
 So, as you can see, things are
beginning to get back to normal at
our place.
 The Foreman...I mean...my wife is
back!
 Hope all your NEWS is good!    

No comments:

Post a Comment