Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More "Days Of Our Lives"

  Regular readers of my blog already
know how I love to look for those
'special days' each month that most
people don't know exist.
  Today, June 29th., for instance,is
'Waffle Iron Day!" If you haven't
already started your celebration
you might want to get your waffle
iron out of storage, whip of a bit
of batter, and have some fruit or
syrup ready for a late breakfast or
early lunch!
  But the odds are most folks
these days get their waffles from
the freezer and the old iron is
buried somewhere if they've got one
at all.
  Of course,as you know,it's also
"Camera Day!"
  So if you still have a wafffle iron
you should, at the very least,take a
picture of it!
   I like to remember 'special
dates.' And the 29th is a big one
for me even though I haven't had a
waffle for years! It doesn't even
matter in which month I'm marking
the 29th!
  I took my wife out on out first
date on the 29th. I gave her my
class right on another 29th. We
got engaged on the 29th. And guess
what date we got married? Wow,you're
really quick.
  This really works out well when
it comes to remembering.... which
gets ever harder for most of us
over the years.
  I just have to remember the 29th
of each month as some sort of
anniversary. And I get most
Februaries off!
  Maybe we'll celebrate today with
some waffles!? Wait a minute.
  I don't think we have a waffle
iron.
  Oh well,June 29th is also "Hug
Holiday Day.' That will work!
  Be sure to hug somebody who needs
one today...and may all your NEWS be
good!
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment