Wednesday, November 23, 2011

And they're off!

   So....are you all ready for the
"Big Day?
   No,,,,,,not Thanksgiving.....
BLACK FRIDAY!.
   The day after Thanksgiving
is recognized at the busiest
shopping day of the year. It's
the unofficial start of the
Christmas shopping season.
     Shoppers race to find
bargains. And these days, the
stores seem to be racing too!
    A few years back some shops
would open as early as 5am to
offer those anxious shoppers
an extra 5 or 6 hours to spend
their money.
   Those merchants would be
late this year!
   A few stores will actually be
open on Thanksgiving. I'll bet
their employees are thrilled.
   But why wait till Thursday or
Friday?
   This past Sunday's paper is
filled with ads promoting the
fact that their "Black Friday"
sales are already underway!
   I've seen a few interviews
with people who intend to 'camp
out' in front of their favorite
stores to try to be among the first
in the door when the "Black
Friday" sales officially begin.
   I don't mind seeing them on
TV. I just don't want to see them
in person.
   I'm not real big on openings
that take place between Midnight
and 9 in the morning. Truth be told
I'm not even real big on 9am!
   I'll probably miss some bargains
because of that attitude.
   I'll just have to live with it!
   Now, when it comes to
shopping on Christmas Eve, that's
a different thing!
   I've done a bit of that.....with
some surprising results!
   There's a race worth watching.
   The shopper trying to check off
his or her list while the shops
race to close their doors!
    Hope your shopping will be
more fun than it is hectic and that
all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment