Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Returning to the scene of the crime!

   As the title implies, I've touched on this
subject before. But circumstances demand
I address it again!
   I am now convinced that people should
have to pass a test and get a license to
operate a shopping cart!
   Last week, while waiting in the car
as my wife shopped in Walmart, a
woman returned to the vehicle parked
next to mine and transferred bags of
groceries from her shopping cart into
the back seat of her car.
   When she was done she pushed the
cart forward a bit so she could get
in her front door and behind the wheel.
   Of course by doing so she pushed the
cart next to my door making it all but
impossible for me to exit without
hitting it!
    I shouted a reminder to her, or
something to that effect, as she drove
away. I doubt she heard me or would
have done anything if she had.
    I squeezed out my door, making as
little contact with the cart as
possible, then rolled it to the nearest
"Cart Return Stand" which was about
10 feet away!
    We were back at the same store
last night.
    The staff there is really good and
friendly and I like the place even
though your first impression might
have you thinking it's a Tractor
Trailer Sales Lot.
    We did our shopping, unloaded
our cart, then returned it to another
one of those cart return stands.
    We got it in. But only after
negotiating our way around about
7 to 9 other empty carts that
shoppers had left "in the
vicinity" .....but not actually IN
the cart return.
     Of course I guess that's a
little better than those who feel the
need to use the empty cart to
fill the parking space they've
just left!
     I can't quite understand why
shoppers can't or won't put the
carts where they belong and get
them out of the way of the rest
of us.
    If they're just going to leave
 them in the middle of the lot
they should at least let something
else behind..like a box of
cookies.
     I could probably live with
that.
     The unofficial start or the
Christmas shopping begins with
"Black Friday" next week.
      Let's hope there's a few
carts left in the store for that!
     Hope you get one, put it back
properly, and that all your
NEWS is good!

1 comment:

  1. There ought to be some way to rig a dye-pak device on a shopping cart, the kind they slip into money that the teller's handing to a bank robber. Some retail shopping analyst would need to iron out the details but simply put, you don't put the cart in the cart return stand? POW! You go home indelible blue!

    ReplyDelete