Sunday, November 13, 2011

That's the way the cookie crumbles!

   It generally happens at least once a week.
   Various members of our family, and often
friends as well, gather after some sort of
activity or event and try to decide where we
should go to eat.
    This decision process is very similar to
the debates that take place at the United
Nations. That is, when there is a debate.
    Occasionally someone steps forward
with a suggestion. 
    It is reviewed by everyone present,
then dissected in terms of cuisine, prices,
geography and similar categories before
it is usually rejected for some other
place.
   Yesterday we actually made a decision
and headed to an eatery only to find it a
bit too crowded for our entourage.
    After a bit more consultation we
collectively choose a Chinese Buffet!
    There are, of course, several in our area.
    That could have lead to additional
dialog so I made a unilateral decision, and
picked the restaurant where we would
dine.
    As it happens the choice was a good
one. In fact we ended up at one that
seemed like the Sardi's of Wyoming
Valley. Many of the stars were there!
   We saw Bob Reynolds of Ch 16 and
Paula Deignan of WILK.
   First I thought there was breaking
news. But they were just breaking
bread........or was it General Tso's
Chicken?
    There was a great selection of food
and no one hesitated to go back for
seconds.....and thirds!
     Then, of course, the crowning
touch.....the Fortune Cookies!
     Each of us read that one line of
wisdom magically implanted in
the specific cookie destined to be
our own. Since mine wasn't
especially impressive  I told my
grand daughter it read  "Help...
I'm trapped in this factory."
   It had her thinking for a minute or
two.
   In fact, I don't even remember what
was written on my tiny sheet of paper.
   I was just happy I hadn't eaten
it with the rest of the cookie!
   Whatever my fortune, it's bound to
happen with or without the reminder.
   The real problem is.....I forgot the
lucky number on the other side!!!!!
   Here's hoping good fortune comes
your way and that all your NEWS
is good!
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment