Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Can It!

     My story must begin with a confession.
     I don't drink coffee. I tried some when
I was just a little kid and thought it tasted
terrible. My taste bubs have probably
changed since then. But my memory
hasn't!
     Still, like most people these days, I
need caffeine.
     So, years ago, I started drinking soda.
     I didn't want too much sugar though so
I bought "diet soda."
     I started with "Tab." The very name
congers up a 'flat taste' in the minds of
many people. But I got used to it.
     Over the years my carbonated
beverage selections have grown.
    Pepsi and Coke were always in the
running. But lately I've found a slightly
'off brand' called 'Diet Dr. Thunder' that
satisfies my taste while saving me a few
pennies at the same time.
    I used to just toss the cans in the
trash after saving the pull-top. I don't
remember exactly why we saved them but
I think it was to cure some disease.
    I probably drank enough soda and saved
enough pull tabs to fund half the research!
    A friend told me he saved cans to make
money by turning them in to a Scrap Metal
Dealer.
    Since the movie I was in won't be out
for more than a year my 'new career' as an
actor remains uncertain.
    That got me to thinking that I better have
a back up plan for financial security!
    So......I gathered the cans I started
storing behind the house after talking to my
friend and hauled them off to the scrap guy!
    I was surprised to find I had accumulated
three garbage bags full of cans (mostly Diet
Dr. Thunder).
    I turned them in and came away with over
eight dollars in cool hard cash!
    Try that with a coffee cup!
    Hope you're happy, with whatever
beverage you're drinking, and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment