Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sounds of the Season

   It was as certain as death and taxes.
   Every year since I can remember radio
station WLSH in Lansford would begin
playing all Christmas music on
Thanksgiving Day. It was the station's
way of getting everyone in the
Christmas spirit
   They'll probably do it again next week.
   But this time they'll be second.
   SiriusXM, the satellite radio service,
has already 'rung in' the Christmas
season with round the clock holiday
music!
    In fact the 'elves' there are playing
Christmas music on five of their
channels!
   There's "Holiday Traditions", Holly",
"Holiday Pops","Country Christmas",
and "Navidad" which broadcasts
contemporary Latin holiday music.
   There's also a channel called
"Radio Hanukkah" which airs music
celebrating the Jewish Festival of
Lights!
   I used to be among the many people
who complain that "Christmas starts
too early."
  But I've been rethinking that this
year and I've realized that Christmas
comes to a sudden crash on December
26th. And that's too bad!.
  I'm thinking it may be good to get an
early start on the season so I can enjoy
everything that goes with it....yes....even
the shopping....for a longer
period of time.
  I still separated Halloween from the
mix and will do the same for Thanksgiving.
  But I'm determined to try to enjoy the
Christmas season for as long as
possible! It is, after all, a really good time
of  year!
  In fact, I'll even be seeking out the old
WLSH am frequency after January 2nd
when satellite radio shuts off its
Christmas offerings.
  The guys in Lansford keep it going
till "Russian Christmas" on January 7th,
   Hope you've already got the spirit of the
season and that all your NEWS is good!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment