Wednesday, November 2, 2011

OK Wise Guy...It's Curtains For You!

   So there we were. My wife. me, and two of
our good friends. We were headed home after
a movie.
   At least I though we were headed home.
   Earlier in the day my wife and I had visited
an Ollie's outlet.
   My wife told me the curtains in our bedroom
were showing their age and ought to be
replaced.
    She spotted some she thought would do the
trick at Ollie's. But there was only one package
and we've got 5 windows to be covered.
    To be honest I never paid too much
attention to the ones we have in place. I think
they're either yellow or sort of white.
    Anyhow we're driving home from the
movies in our friend's vehicle when his
wife reminds my wife that Boscov's has a
wide selection in stock.
    So my buddy offers to drive us there.
    Now as some of you who read this blog
already know, I'm not big on shopping. And
that's "regular" shopping. You know, at the
grocery store where they've got bread and
milk and cereal and such.
     Now, suddenly, I find myself  "Curtain
Shopping!"
     OK. I gave my wife five minutes to
look over the selections. Then I picked up
five packages of a style that I thought was
about right. Fat chance...right? Nope, they
were either too light or too dark, or too
something or the other.
     After ruling out the "Duck, duck,
goose pattern" the women folk began to
narrow their choice to shades and lengths.
     They finally picked one that seemed to
fit the criteria and I got the call to produce
my credit card.
     After getting home, and while I was
beginning to write this narrative, I got
called back to the bedroom to see the
new curtains in place and give my
opinion. "I love them" I said! "They're
just perfect." (I actually could have
expressed the same findings from the
living room). My wife wondered if they
might not be hanging just a bit to low.
    But the thought of a return visit to
any "Curtain Department"
quickly brought be to the conclusion
that there were just the right length!
    My wife tells me we'll live with them
for a week to see if "WE" like the
length. If not she'll alter them on her
sewing machine.
    I was worried for just a second that
an exchange possibility loomed in the
future.
    And that truly would have been
"curtains for me!"
    Hope all your home decorating is
going well and that all your NEWS
is good!

   

1 comment:

  1. Watch your step Dave, or it's curtains for you.

    couldn't resist

    ReplyDelete