Saturday, November 19, 2011

Convoy!

  I was tempted to pull out the old
CB Radio yesterday.
  I would have liked to have heard
what some of those 18-wheel
drivers had to say as they drove by
Walmart in Pittston Township and
saw the improvements outside the
store. But...on second thought....
maybe not. It was the language of
some of those truckers that finally
convinced me to take those old
Citizen's Band radios out of my
vehicles quite a few years ago.
   Many sounded like drunken
sailors on the old Channel 19!
    A bit "salty" if you know what
I mean!
  And I've got to believe the expletives
were flying when they spotted those
brand new "Headache Bars" set
up at every entrance to the Walmart
parking lot.
   Every since the store opened the
number of tractor trailer trucks
parked in the lot has been growing.
   It began to look like the drivers
were trying to "occupy Walmart!"
   One night, earlier this week, it
looked more like a Truck Stop or
Tractor Trailer Sales Lot than a
place where retail shoppers would
go to park and shop!
   I wasn't sure if I should stop in
for a gallon of milk or to buy a
Peterbuilt!
   Walmart apparently though so
too! The new barriers prevent
vehicles over 12 feet tall from
pulling into the lot.
   I'm told the action came after
5 cars and a number of shopping
carts were  damaged by big trucks
entering or leaving the area.
   When we drove by yesterday
there were NO Big Rigs using
the parking lot.
    I'm pretty sure they're still
allowed behind the store..where
deliveries are made!
   The change is certainly one for
the better as far as shoppers are
concerned.
    Will the truckers find somewhere
else to park their rigs?  If I had to
guess I'd say....that's a big 10-4
Good Buddy!
    Meanwhile I hope the rest of
you will all find a space and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment