Friday, November 4, 2011

Curses! Foiled again!

  Boris Badenov would surely have
know about this day!
  But...do you know what day this is?
  Yea. I know. It's Friday.
  That's not what I mean.
  You know how I like to find those
'unusual...special' days!
   Well this is one of them!
   This is "King Tut Day!"
   It is, in actuality,the anniversary of
the day the tomb of Egyptian king
Tutankhamen was discovered back
in 1922.
   No. I didn't cover that story!
   But that discovery rocked the world!
  They found all kinds of treasures
buried with the "Boy King."
    But I think their discovery is important
for another reason!
    It led to all the Mummy movies
we've seen over the years! There are over
50 movies with the word "mummy" in
their title!
    Most revolve around the idea there's a
curse attached to the disturbance of the
mummy's tomb.
   And, indeed, there was said to be a
curse on those who opened  King Tut's
resting place in the Valley of the Kings.
   Lord Carnarvon, the man who
discovered the tomb, died a shot time
later and, at the moment of his death,
all the lights in Cairo mysteriously
went out! A  lot of people said that
proved there was a curse!
   I've played softball with the WBRE
team over the past couple of years and
with WYOU before that.
   I always believed an ancestor of
one of my team mates must have been
involved in the discovery of King
Tut's tomb.
  It's the only 'logical' way to explain
all those loses!
  Anyhow I would hope you'll be
celebrating King Tut Day today even
though I don't have the slightest idea
how one would go about doing that.
   I would recommend, however, that
you keep any curses to yourself!
   Hope you can walk like an
Egyptian and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment