Thursday, December 8, 2011

All I Want For Christmas Is _______

    You've got to envy the kid in the song
who knew exactly what he wanted for
Christmas. Of course most kids do!
     But getting a Christmas list together
these days seems to have become a major
project.
     My wife and I buy for each other.
     That's tough enough because we're
always shopping together so it's kind of
hard to come up with any surprises.
     The rest of our family, with the
exception of the children, participate
in a "Secret Santa name swap" and
just buy for the person whose name
we've drawn.
      So that we don't know who has
whose name we just put out a general
list of gifts each of us has put together.
       Getting everyone to have their
list ready sometime before Christmas
has become a real challenge.
        I'm constantly thinking of things
I need or would like to have.....until
December rolls around. Ask me then
and my mind goes blank! 
        If  I can't come up with any
specifics I generally reply to the
question of what I want with the same
stock answer....."Something neat!"
       Truth be told....I've never been
disappointed! And those who have had
the task of coming up with something
for me have always come through!
      If it's electronic, unusual, or
video in nature I'll probably love it.....
even if I don't know exactly what it
is! If a kid would like it.....I probably
will too!
      This year I actually came up with
a short list. But I won't hold anyone to
it if my suggestions are replaced with
......yep......something neat!
     Hope you get whatever you're
asking for and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment