Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Snoopy VS...............

  Snoopy, the dog from the "Peanuts"
comic strip, has become one of those
characters we now associate with
Christmas.
  He's a big part of  "A Charlie Brown
Christmas", the animated holiday
special which has run every year since
it debuted on CBS way back in 1965.
  A song depicting his on going battle
with the "Red Barron" hit number 2
on the charts during Christmas week
in 1966.  A follow up tune had the
beagle and the Barron confronting
each other again on Christmas Eve.
   I was thinking about Snoopy
yesterday.
   Regular readers of this blog may
recall my "Wee Paws" column of
last Thursday when I pointed out
there has been an invasion of cats
in our development. I've been seeing
them everywhere!
   Except yesterday!
   I came home after doing my
weekly TV show on Electric City
Television and there wasn't a cat to
be seen!
    There was, however, a Beagle
walking the road next to my house!
    He was not wearing the leather
World War I flying helmet we've
come to associate with Snoopy.
   But he was wearing some kind
of body "vest" that showed me
he, unlike the cats, belonged to
somebody. (Maybe it was the
rest of Snoopy's aviator's uniform?)
   He had a short leash which had
probably broken allowing him to
go for an unattended stroll.
    He didn't bark. He wasn't
aggressive. But I guess the cats
didn't know that!
    It looked kind of like he was
following some of the same paths
where I've seen the felines.
    I hope he found his way home.
    I'm also hoping his owners will
repair that leash!
    Pets aren't suppose to be
allowed to wander around the
place unattended. I guess the cats
don't know that either.
    In any case I'm happy the Beagle
passed by today. Maybe it's just a
coincidence......but he was there...
and the cats were not!
    They're probably out there
hiding somewhere saying....
"Curses, foiled again!"
    I hope that's the case and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment