Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blockbuster Bargains!

   With just two weeks left till Christmas
efforts to fill our gift lists have heated up.
   Yesterday found us at one of our many
favorite wine shops. My daughter and my
wife sacrificed themselves to do the
sampling while I did the "kid sitting"
with my grandson in the car.
   We were out along Route 6 not from
from Honesdale.
   The trip back home should, and could,
have been easy had I stayed with the
Casey Highway.
   Instead I decided to get off the
"Business Route" to drive through
Carbondale.
  That's where the girls spotted one
of those "Dollar stores."
   It's amazing how many items you
never knew you needed await you in
such establishments!
   In the "Toy" section, for instance,
my grandson found at least a half
dozen items he felt he couldn't
live without! I became slightly
suspicious however when he had to
ask me what a couple of them were
after telling us he wanted them.
   In all fairness we did find a few
"stocking stuffers" for child and
adult alike. And, of course, they
didn't cost am arm and a leg.
   Just when I though we had seen
everything we realized that the city
still boasts an operational
"Blockbuster" Video store.
   I had been under the impression
all those outlets had closed.
   But I was wrong. The store was
open and offering some reasonable
deals on some movies on its "For
Sale" list.
   We found a copy of "A Christmas
Story" and just had to have it.
   I failed to buy one when we visited
the house where portions of the movie
were filmed in Cleveland two years
ago. Although we did buy a "Reunion"
video featuring much of the cast during
that trip.
  My copy of the classic movie was
on VHS tape.
   So, while at Blockbuster. I bought
the DVD!
   I got a good deal. But I would have
loved to find it in the "Dollar Store!"
   Between the wine, the stocking
stuffers, and Ralphie's eternal movie
quest for a Red Rider BB Gun, it
turned out to be a very successful
bargain hunt.
    And, as I'm sure Yogi would say,
"It ain't over till Christmas!"
    Hope you search out some good
deals at fun places and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment