Sunday, December 18, 2011

Unusual "Decorations"

  I've really been impressed by all the
decorations I've seen so far this year.
  Well.....at least most "decorations."
   There's a wide variety of lights.
   The old fashion strings, the newer mini
lights, the LED's, and the specialities
(like the icicles and such) are all mixed
together this year.
    Then there are those huge globes
with all sorts of characters inside. Some
even look like its snowing inside. And
a few even play music!
    As I said.....I'm very impressed.
    But as I walk I've seen a whole lot
of other "decorations" I don't quite
understand.
    They have obviously blown off the
trees along side the road.I mean.....
nobody in his or her right mind would
simply throw them out their car window!
     Right?
     Someone must have run out of the
usual light strings and decided to
decorate the Forest with things like
empty cups, potato chip bags, pens,
lighters, anti freeze and oil containers.
     I'm sure their intent was to use
everyday items to help us all
celebrate Christmas.
     Unfortunately when the wind blows
them to the ground they take on the
appearance of litter!
     And like the "usual" Christmas
decorations, I've seen more than ever
this year!
     I'm reminded of a trip we took to
Switzerland a couple years ago.
     You didn't seen anything like that
along the roadsides there. Maybe their
car windows don't roll down!
     I really prefer the more
traditional lights to the torn candy bar
wrappers.
     Hope you're not among the roadside
"decorators" and that all your NEWS
is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment