Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Necking?"

  OK....so maybe the title is a little
misleading. But it did get your
attention! And hear, or rather read,
me out!
  Our Wednesday excursion took
my wife, our friends, and me to
the Hometown Market.....again!
   This vast Farmer's, or Flea,
market is open every Wednesday
all year long.
    While there are always a few
vendors set up outside, their ranks
thin out in the rain or cold weather
and most of us "window" shoppers
stick to a building that houses all
kinds of items for sale under roof.
     And sometimes....you get more
than you expect!
      That was the case yesterday
when the women stopped by a
booth that featured little sculptured
and colored glass pieces that, once
attached to a chain, become beautiful
necklaces!
      I bought one for my wife.
     The proprietor was bagging our
purchase when he noticed my friend's
neck brace and realized he was in pain.
      He reached out, took my friend's
hand, and carefully squeezed some
sort of  "pressure point" that
immediately relieved some of my
buddy's neck pain!
     He shared the exercise with him
so he can help himself.
     Seeing the apparent success we
asked him about some back pain
and....sure enough.....he began to
demonstrate some techniques he
insists will deal with the pain.
      I was tempted to see if my
Medical Insurance card would
cover the cost of the necklace and
the advice but decided against it.
      His products are not
expensive and his advice was free.
      All in all it was a pretty good
stop!
      My wife's neck looks good
and my buddy's neck feels
better. We'll have to check to see
if the guy makes house calls!
      Hope you're not a pain in the
neck and that all your NEWS is
good!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment