Thursday, December 29, 2011

He Who Hesitates......

   Another busy Holiday Day for me Wednesday!
   We had a family gathering planned for early
afternoon. But, first, there were some errands to
be run!
    One involved that unexpected "Christmas Card"
that came the other day informing me that I had
won my lawsuit!
    Now, admittedly, I don't remember filing a
lawsuit. But, apparently, some time ago we were
asked to join  a "Class Action" proceeding
involving a Credit Card company that miscalculated
the exchange rate on purchases made during a
trip to Canada! My share was less than $20 but
it was more than I had before I opened the card!
    In my haste to pocket my new found wealth
I decided to buy my gasoline AFTER visiting the
bank. That........was a mistake!
    In the 15 minutes it took to handle my
financial transaction somebody at the gas station
got out his or her ladder and raised the price of
a gallon of "Regular" by 14cents a gallon!
    That's nearly a penny a minute!
    How the heck did they know I got that check!?
    Anyhow I pulled in.... and immediately out of
that station and headed to another within 3 miles.
    I hoped the news of my riches hadn't reached
the folks there as yet. And this time I got lucky!
    I'm told the rates probably will be going up
all over the place.
    Speculators are afraid that Iran may try to
close a vital waterway used by oil tankers. Of
course that hasn't happened yet. But they figure
why wait? David already has his check so let's
raise the price now!
     Well at least I beat one of the stations and
had a full tank to get to a fantastic family get
together!
     Christmas lived on for still another day!
    Hope it did for you as well and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment