Saturday, December 10, 2011

Getting the boot! (Or not)

      Our Christmas shopping lead us to
one of those co-operative market places
yesterday. It's one of those places where
vendors who work for themselves share
space with others who are also trying to
peddle their wares. We used to just call
them "'Flea Markets!"
        You just never know what you're
going to find in this kind of shopping
mart. But it's a pretty good bet you'll
find an item or two that attract your
attention....no matter what your taste.
         We saw jewelry, tools, antiques,
musical instruments, toys, clothes,
electronics, car accessories, and ......
then.....the boots!
         It was a fairly large display of
rubber boots. I should say..."designer"
rubber boots. You know. The kind that
might feature bright colors, polka dots,
even one pair with little green frogs.
         As I noted in an earlier blog my
wife and I are usually together on these
shopping explorations. She liked some
of the boots. But you don't buy
something like that unless you know
you've got the right size. So....you try
them on.
         Now, as it happens, these rubber
boots don't slip on like bedroom
slippers. In fact, in the middle of this
merchandise mart, trying on the boots
became a two-person operation. I
'aimed' and got them started. She
pulled them into place.
         We found two pair that fit pretty
well, and one that were just about
perfect........except the color and
design wasn't exactly right.
         These boots may have been
made for walking.......But 30 minutes,
and several "tried pair" later we walked
away from the display wearing the same
shoes she came in with!
         I think I know the size now. So,
if I find myself shopping alone and
come across that size in green with
Frogs I may just pick them up. Or
maybe not.
        Hope you find the "perfect fit"
and that all your NEWS is good!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment