Friday, December 2, 2011

I Saw The Light!

  The sun came out yesterday prompting
my wife to get out her "To Do list!"
   We recently bought a string of LED
Christmas lights and she decided it was
a perfect day to put them up outside our
front porch.
   As with most of our household projects
at our place my role is pretty much that
of an assistant and/or "go for."
   It's kind of funny because my wife will
say something like..."Maybe we should
run them around this window and down
the side?" It's phrased like a question.
   But there's no need to answer because, in
reality, it's a declaration.
   The process involves stapling the light
string in place. You'd like to have it go
all around the door and window frames.
   But, somehow, the folks who produce
the Christmas lights seem to have the
ability to make the strings just a little
too short to go exactly where you want.
   I guess the idea is to sell more lights.
   At least they all worked when we
plugged them in.
   I remember the days when they would
all light up when you tried them inside
but didn't once they were strung in
place!  Then you had to figure out which
of the 20 or 30 bulbs had burned out.
  Back then it only took one bad one to
shut off the whole string!
   Even though they don't work that way
anymore I was happy to "see the light!"
   The inside decorations are a whole
other story.
    My wife has those packed away in
about a half dozen big plastic storage
bins.
    Each seem to hold about a half a ton
of ceramic snowmen and other Christmas
related items.
    I got lucky when she began the task of
putting all that stuff out. I lifted a few of
the items on our high shelves..then fell
asleep on the couch. By the time I ended
my nap most of the job was done and I
only had to put the plastic storage bins
away.
   The place looks pretty good, inside and
out. Of course the tree still has to go up.
   Now I'm really looking to "keep
 Christmas" as long as possible! If we
let it end I'll have to help pack things up
again!
   Hope you're all decorated , have some time
to nap on the couch, and that all your NEWS
is good!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment